11/15/2017

Number Thirteen

I love you.
You give me everything to look forward to.
You decimate the threat and kill the night.
You make me know I am safe for now.

I loved you.
You were there for real for a time.
You pulled away and took your empathy.
You made me wonder why.

I don't feel you.
You are gone, and I am staring at the wall.
You used to sing tunes of tender understanding.
You are a whisper of memories, fading.

I hate you.
You twist the knife in decency.
You take away the meaning of life.
You substitute substances for substance.

I hated you.
You lied to yourself and forgot the dosage.
You bared your teeth when cornered.
You struck your friend down like an enemy.

I am lost.
Break the mirror and rearrange the pieces.
Feel at home in a stomach flutter.
Please, don't leave me here in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Squiggle Squirm Squiggle Squish